The Intermediate Program at Ashley Hall
Investing in Physical, Emotional, and Intellectual Development:
The Intermediate Program at Ashley Hall includes fifth and sixth grades and is specifically designed to give individualized attention to each girl during the critical pre-adolescent years of emotional and physical development. Because these years are so transformative for our girls, we have built a dedicated team of teachers who work closely with one another to coordinate their respective course contents and insure that each student is given the individual guidance she needs to make the transition from elementary school to the academic and social environment of the Upper School (grades seven through twelve).
A central component of the curriculum is our STEAM program—a cross-curricular project synthesizing students’ studies in science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics. This approach includes introducing students to basic robotics and coding, while encouraging them to see more clearly the various ways in which these different disciplines overlap and interact in surprising ways. Gaining confidence and self-expression through formal speech classes, girls present on a continuous basis to their classmates as well as at special assemblies, and students participate in the School’s formal athletic program through Bantam sports such as volleyball, basketball, and tennis.
Ashley Hall is an independent private school for girls, serving kindergarten through twelfth grade students, with a coeducational preschool in Charleston, South Carolina.
Curious about the Intermediate Program?
Subscribe to our email list to learn more.
Intermediate Program Curriculum
Life in the Intermediate Program is nothing short of exhilarating! Highlights include the following:
- The two-year program is specifically designed for the pre-adolescent years and gives individualized attention to each girl during this critical time of emotional and physical development.
- A full-time guidance counselor serves on the faculty and offers individualized attention to the physical and emotional needs of each girl.
- Study skills are emphasized to ensure the student is ready for the fast-paced life of Upper School.
- The STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) program begins in the Intermediate Program. Young students are encouraged to explore and pursue these fields of interest that are traditionally underrepresented women.
- Students participate in an arts rotation that exposes them to visual art and music.
- Confidence and self-expression are built through formal speech classes. Girls present on a continuous basis to their classmates as well as at special assemblies.
- Intermediate Program students participate in the School’s formal athletic program through Bantam sports such as volleyball, basketball, and tennis.
Why All Girls
The Power of An All Girls’ Education:
Ashley Hall’s exceptional program is intentionally tailored to the way girls learn best—through collaboration, discussion, and individualized attention. The results are remarkable. Our graduates continue to impress with more than $14 million in merit scholarships garnered over the last five years, including three University of North Carolina Morehead Cain Scholars, one of the most prestigious scholarships extended.