The Early Education Center at Ashley Hall
Creating Wonder and Empowerment:
The Early Education Center at Ashley Hall features a learning environment of discovery, invention, and exploration for boys and girls ages two through five. Following the Reggio-Emilia method, teachers collaborate with students to design projects or investigations based on the students’ expressed interest. In this way, children’s innate curiosity becomes the engine of their learning and helps them to become more confident, more independent, and more capable of championing their own education.
All lead teachers and the director are fully qualified and hold master’s degrees in education. They work collaboratively to provide a prepared environment that promotes individualized learning through hands-on participation while respecting the pace and performance of each child. Students are offered French class daily and weave creativity into their explorations by expressing themselves through song, movement, and art. All early education grade levels enjoy weekly swim class throughout the year in the School’s indoor pool.
Ashley Hall is an independent private school for girls, serving kindergarten through twelfth grade students, with a coeducational preschool in Charleston, South Carolina.
Curious about the Early Education Center?
Subscribe to our email list to learn more.
Early Education Center Curriculum
Each new day in the Early Education Center is a chance for adventure and discovery! Highlights include the following:
- The program serves girls two to four years of age and boys two to five and is the only one of its kind in the Charleston area.
- All lead teachers and the director are fully qualified and hold master’s degrees in education. They work collaboratively to provide a prepared environment that promotes individualized learning through hands-on participation.
- Children are offered French class daily. Because young children best learn a second language through conversation, students are exposed to French through a modified immersion approach.
- The Early Education Center features an atelier—or arts space—for the young students to weave creativity into their daily explorations. It is overseen by the atelierista—or arts teacher—who encourages the children to express their knowledge and observations through song, movement, and art.
- All early education grade levels enjoy weekly swim class throughout the year in the indoor pool.