The Early Education Center: 2-5 years
Limited Spots Available in our Early Education Center!
We have limited spots available in our pre-primary (2 years old) and primary (3 years old) classes in our Early Education Center. Rolling admission will continue until all spots are filled. For more information on how to start your child’s Ashley Hall admission journey, contact Grace Jorgensen, Assistant Director of Admission at [email protected] or (843) 965-8463.
Early Education Center Program Highlights:
- The program serves girls two to four years of age and boys two to five and is the only one of its kind in the Charleston area.
- All lead teachers and the director are fully qualified and hold master’s degrees in education. They work collaboratively to provide a prepared environment that promotes individualized learning through hands-on participation.
- Children are offered French class daily. Because young children best learn a second language through conversation, students are exposed to French through a modified immersion approach.
- The Early Education Center features an atelier—or arts space—for the young students to weave creativity into their daily explorations. It is overseen by the atelierista—or arts teacher—who encourages the children to express their knowledge and observations through song, movement, and art.
- All early education grade levels enjoy weekly swim class throughout the year in the indoor pool.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Early Education Center
Register for a Division Virtual Meetup
This one-hour live videoconference is the perfect way to learn more about one of Ashley Hall’s unique divisions! It will be led by an Assistant Director of Admission and the Division Director. Guests will hear program specifics related to the division as well as special attributes of the Ashley Hall community. The Meetup will use the Zoom video conference platform, and upon registration, you will receive an email with specific Zoom details as well as an email reminder the day before the event.
Discover an education that goes the distance
The Early Education Center Curriculum
The Early Education Center at Ashley Hall features a learning environment of discovery, invention, and exploration for boys and girls ages two through five. Following the Reggio-Emilia method, teachers collaborate with students to design projects or investigations based on the students’ expressed interest. In this way, children’s innate curiosity becomes the engine of their learning and helps them to become more confident, more independent, and more capable of championing their own education.
All lead teachers and the director are fully qualified and hold master’s degrees in education. They work collaboratively to provide a prepared environment that promotes individualized learning through hands-on participation while respecting the pace and performance of each child. Students are offered French class daily and weave creativity into their explorations by expressing themselves through song, movement, and art. All early education grade levels enjoy weekly swim class throughout the year in the School’s indoor pool.
Ashley Hall At-a-Glance