Orientation Day is August 22
2017-2018 Orientation Day | August 22
Let’s get ready for the new school year! Join us for Orientation Day!
Early Education Center (See below for specific details.)
Kindergarten-2nd grade + 7th and 8th grades | 11:00am-1:00pm
9th and 10th grades + 3rd and 4th grades | 2:00pm-4:00pm
11th and 12th grades + 5th and 6th grades | 5:00pm-7:00pm
Orientation sessions are expected to last two hours. Lower School parents are asked to arrive 15 minutes early to drop their students off in Pardue Hall.
New for the 2017-2018 school year, Orientation Day holds fun activities for both parents and students throughout the day in addition to the information needed for a smooth school year.
We ask that you treat these events as required, regardless of the age of your child and your longevity at the school. Orientation sessions are expected to last two hours. The first hour of each session will be highly informational and provide the groundwork for a productive family/student and school relationship. The following hour will allow parents to participate in division–specific rotations.
For parents with children in different divisions and Early Education Center (EEC) parents, please feel free to attend only the first hour of one of the sessions listed above.
Special information “booths” will also be available to learn more about Ashley Hall’s culture and campus life, the Uniform Store will be open, and there will be a festive atmosphere as our Ashley Hall families return from their summer breaks. We can’t wait to see you there!
Orientation Day Information Specifically for Early Education Center Families
On August 22, EEC parents should attend one of the parent meeting times scheduled for 11:00am, 2:00pm or 5:00pm and are asked to refrain from bringing their children. It is important for at least one parent to attend one of these orientation meetings. If you have a child in another division, and are attending for that child, you need not attend again for your EEC child. Each family need only attend one orientation meeting.
August 23 | EEC Classroom Visits and Parent Meetings:
Parents and their children will visit EEC classrooms.
- Please note, Pre-Primary parents will not have a separate grade level meeting on this day because they will receive information at their home visits.
- Primary, Pre-Kindergarten and Pre-First parents will have grade level meetings on August 23 along with classroom visits.
August 23 Schedule:
- 8:30am-9:30am: Pre-Kindergarten/Pre-First grade level meeting for parents and lead teachers (Children will have supervised play with associate teachers on the playground or in the classrooms, weather depending.)
- 9:30am-10:00am: Classroom visits (drop-in format) for ALL EEC families: Pre-Primary, Primary, Pre-Kindergarten and Pre-First parents and children
- 10:00am-11:00am: Primary grade level meeting for parents and lead teachers (Primary children have supervised play in the classrooms or on the playground during the meeting, weather depending.)
Make plans to join us for Back-to-School Nights:
August 28 at 6:00pm-9:00pm | Upper School | Families will follow an abbreviated daily schedule to give an overview of classes structure and curriculum.
August 30 at 6:00pm-8:30pm | Lower School | Families will meet homeroom teachers and learn more about Lower School curriculum.